Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost Honestly Abe

Good times are always had during an evening out with Drea. Last night she accompanied me to an NPF tasting at the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, where we met a very lanky lad whose name I do not recall at the moment (too much whiskey?!). On the way home, in between discussing the pros of being Republican and the cons of dating Marines, Drea and I had the following conversation:

Drea: He kind of reminded me of a certain figure in American history.
Whitney: (pause and think) Abraham Lincoln?
Drea: You got it! (and Drea would know; she's just ordered a Civil War documentary through Netflix!).

Alas, I do not have a photograph of this poor (and very tall) soul, but if I did, I'm sure it would look something like this >>>

No comments: