Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tired Tartan

Jackson recently received a hand-me-down Woolrich wool hunting suit. Should you want one of these Paul Bunyan-esque get-ups for yourself, the classic Pennsylvania field coat is still available for purchase and is advertised as follows:
"This coat is synonymous with the outdoors for generations of Americans. Throughout our state, they proudly refer to this as the Pennsylvania Tuxedo. We wear it everywhere - to camp, to the grocery store, or to walk the dog. The beefy wool shell wards off the fiercest winter weather."

The pants, on the other hand, are no longer for sale, as they went out of style about 100 years ago. The old-fashioned breeches did not, however, deter Jackson from embracing his inner-redneck and modeling the whole outfit in our kitchen. My mother thought he looked like a "mountain gnome."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing !!!!
MOM

BeoWolfe66 said...

As a native Pennsylvanian, I'll testify that I've seen these jackets at weddings and funerals.

blair said...

I thought he looked very handsome.