Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cheesy

"In France, the cheese is alive. You never put the cheese in the refrigerator because you don't put your cat in the refrigerator. It's the same. It's alive. If I know that in America the cheese is dead – and I have been studying cheese in almost 50 states in America I can tell you, the cheese is dead everywhere – then I have to put that up front. I have to say, 'This cheese is safe, is pasteurized, is wrapped up in plastic.' I know the plastic is a body bag. 'You can put it in the fridge.' I know the fridge is the morgue. That's where you put the dead bodies, eh? And so once you know that, this is the way you market cheese in America." -market researcher Clotaire Rapaille (I'm going to keep searching for the video, but for now, the interview transcript is here). I'll never look at cheese the same way again.

1 comment:

Sylvie la Grande Bretonne said...

And I completely agree with her !!!!
Shame you are so far away, I would have sent you some to show you what REAL cheese is, and how alive it is !!
:o))))

Bisous from France

Sylvie